January 29, 2009
Exponent Engineer Brad McGoran was recently interviewed by SecureIDNews regarding Exponent’s testing services related to smart cards, e-passports, bank cards, and a host of other industries that use mag-stripe and smart card technologies. Click here to read the article.
In the fields of personal identification and card technologies, Exponent offers a wide range of services to improve the capability and reliability of identification devices, cards, equipment, and processes. We offer testing, design analysis, reliability studies, performance assessment, and engineering support.
Our services include:
- Testing for compliance with existing specifications and preparation of specifications for future iterations of smart cards, e-Passports, Machine Readable Travel Documents (MRTDs), and other identification devices
- Analysis of test methods and operating environments
- Program risk mitigation consulting for smooth program implementation
- Evaluation and development of new methods for non-destructive failure analysis of integrated circuits, including high-resolution real-time x-ray imaging
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) on devices and applications
- Failure analysis of products and equipment
- Design reviews and engineering support
Our multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers has the capabilities needed to serve industries such as airlines, banking, gaming, government, health care, hotels, retail, travel and entertainment, and vending. Exponent is certified to ISO 9001 and is authorized by the Government Services Agency (GSA) to provide professional engineering services. Exponent participates in the ANSI and ISO Working Groups on Identification Cards and Related Technologies and helps write the standards relating to Physical Characteristics, Test Methods, and Interoperability.