Assessment & Management of Natural Resource Capital
Exponent helps clients maximize the value of their natural resource capital using our multidisciplinary teams of environmental scientists, environmental engineers, and natural resource economists. The value of natural resource capital at a client’s facility flows from the ecosystem goods and services provided by natural or naturalized landscapes, and includes green infrastructure. Examples of these natural assets (or eco-assets), may include groundwater recharge fields for the management roof drain flows, coastal flood protection from marshes, and aesthetic and recreational benefit to employees and other stakeholders from natural landscapes. Exponent supports organizations in identifying, accounting for, and sustaining value from their eco-assets to simultaneously maintain profitable business operations and minimize environmental footprints. We also work closely with inside and outside counsel and client’s real estate specialists to maximize the value of transactions such as property dispositions by ensuring full valuation of eco-assets.
Exponent consultants are highly experienced in the areas of ecology, toxicology, chemistry, restoration, GIS, remote sensing, and resource economics, and provide a range of services including:
- Assessing land holdings for existing and potential ecological services
- Evaluating ecological implications of business operations, expansion, and land development
- Conducting ecological assessments to evaluate risks to potential ecological services credit development
- Developing cost effective offsets or restoration and mitigation projects that maximize returns in the form of credits
- Identifying credit markets and banks where credits can be traded
- Providing technical review and support during the development of credits or negotiations with credit-granting entities.
News & Events