PLRB Large Loss Webinar Series November 2020–February 2021
The Property & Liability Resource Bureau (PLRB) will host its Large Loss Webinar Series virtually from November 2020 to February 2021. The webinar series will assess large loss issues and challenges and evaluate a variety of large loss claim scenarios. Participants have the opportunity to learn from many of the industry’s leading experts and presenters and share knowledge, insight, and experience in adjustment and resolution strategies with large loss claims professionals.
John Osteraas, Ph.D., P.E., Exponent corporate vice president and principal engineer, will be speaking during the “Earthquake Damaged Apartment Building Red Tagged: Total Loss or Can it Be Saved?” workshop on Thursday, February 25, at 8:00 AM PT/10:00AM CT.
This workshop will address a variety of topics including:
- Things you must do on day one to nail down the facts on an earthquake claim.
- Working with an engineer to sort out earthquake and non-earthquake damage and distinguish between structural and cosmetic damages.
- Is the “hidden damage” possible? How much destructive testing is necessary?
- Understanding and dealing with seismic building code upgrade requirements.
- Are there special issues with business interruption, ingress/egress, and contents on EQ claims?
- Bonus—What to do if you suspect the earthquake claim is a result of “fracking.”
For more information, click here.