- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, 2004
- M.A., Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, 2001
- B.S.E.E., Electrical Engineering, Penn State University, 1999
- Professional Engineer Electrical, California, #23364
- Professional Engineer, Colorado, #PE.0051324
- Professional Engineer, Connecticut, #PEN.0028005
- Professional Engineer Electrical and Computer, Florida, #76547
- Professional Engineer, Georgia, #PE041462
- Professional Engineer, Idaho, #P-17072
- Professional Engineer Electrical, Massachusetts, #49411
- Professional Engineer, Maryland, #39671
- Professional Engineer, Michigan, #6201064867
- Professional Engineer, North Carolina, #40606
- Professional Engineer, New Hampshire, #15508
- Professional Engineer Electrical, New Jersey, #24GE05246700
- Professional Engineer Electrical, New Mexico, #23717
- Professional Engineer, New York, #88186
- Professional Engineer, Pennsylvania, #PE083596
- Professional Engineer, South Carolina, #37088
- Professional Engineer, Virginia, #402052671
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE)
- Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional (CESCP)
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)
- Certified Software Development Associate (CSDA)
- Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional- Security (CCNP-S)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- U.S. Soccer National D Coaching License
- IEEE-SA Cloud Working Group Award, 2020
- Certificate of Appreciation for Leadership and Service to the American Society for Quality, 2016
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association's Inventor of Year, 2015
- United States Department of Energy, Significant R&D Achievement, 2006-2008.
- IEEE (Senior Member)
- IEEE Standards Association (member)
- IEEE Std. 2301 - Guide for Cloud Portability and Interoperability Profiles- working group (Chair)
- ISC2-National Chapter Region (Secretary: 2016-2019; President: 2020-2022)
- International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)² (member)
- National Fire Protection Association (member)
- Project Management Institute (member)
Dr. D'Andrade is a licensed professional electrical and computer engineer consultant with 20 years of experience in research, development, risk assessment, and design in a variety of engineering fields including electrical, electronic, semiconductor, computer, software, and network. His expertise is used in a variety of litigation, mediation, and arbitration matters including patent, copyright, trade secret, antitrust, and commercial. He investigates the technical aspects of claims related to flood, fire, power outage, natural disasters, misrepresentations, breach of contract, project management, and software engineering.
Dr. D'Andrade applies engineering principles in his consulting practice to assess how electronic products, electrical systems or software systems fail due to defects, poor development practices, or other stressors exceeding specifications. For example, he investigates failures involving electrical and electronic systems including consumer appliances, smart home devices, network equipment, lighting, building wiring, shock and arc-flash hazards, batteries, and motors in residential homes, apartments, universities, solar farms, data centers and commercial buildings. His risk assessments are based on laboratory tests and compliance to product standards and good practices.
He has 17 years of commercial experience in the semiconductor field including consulting on, research and development of light-emitting diodes (LEDs). He has reviewed numerous semiconductor recipes for GaN semiconductors and non-volatile (Flash) memories in trade-secret and patent matters. His wide band- gap semiconductor experience includes intellectual property litigation matters on MOCVD and MBE growth methods, doping and device architectures. His non-volatile memory work experience includes shallow trench isolation, interlayer dielectrics, spacers and other flash memory structures for either patent or trade secret litigation matters.
In addition, Dr. D'Andrade consults on software, network and computer engineering issues. In terms of software engineering, Dr. D'Andrade helps clients navigate software requirements, installation, breach of contract, fraudulent marketing, and operational issues. He has assessed operational algorithms for embedded systems, various industrial control systems, nuclear facility safety controls and smart devices. In terms of computer engineering, Dr. D'Andrade has experience with enterprise network architectures, domain name system, email systems, Unified Communications, cybersecurity, digital forensics and memory storage.
Dr. D'Andrade examines various software systems (Android, iOS, DVR, NVR) to retrieve data, resolve IP address information, determine timestamps, location and various other log data. He has assessed smart phone apps to determine their source code and capabilities for intellectual property matters. He has examined various networked device traffic information to determine details of the communication between servers and clients including analyzing cell-tower communications, geolocation data and time logs.