- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, 2023
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, 2023
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley, 2019
- Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) CAS, SSCS, MEMS
- Association for Computing Machines (ACM) SIGGRAPH
- Marine Technical Society (MTS)
Dr. Burnett's training and experience in electrical engineering encompasses analog, RF, mixed-signal, and digital electronics design including embedded systems, sensors and sensor systems, wearable devices, and wireless communication such as IEEE 802.15.4 and Bluetooth. He has experience in ASIC-level design of wireless SoCs, particularly crystal-free wireless systems based on relaxation/ring oscillators. This work has been applied to biomedical and physiological device design, Internet-of-Things domains, and chemical sensing.
Dr. Burnett has substantial experience in electrical engineering for marine and oceanographic applications including sonar, ROVs, and littoral sensor systems. He has also conducted extensive field trials of prototype devices in harsh environments including the open ocean via oceanographic research vessels, various US coastal locations, and Antarctica.