- Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, 2016
- M.S., Bioinformatics, Boston University, 2009
- B.S., Biology/Bioinformatics, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, 2007
- Tufts CSDD Postgraduate Course in Clinical Pharmacology, Drug Development and Regulation (2017)
- Adjunct Professor, Mathematical Sciences, Bentley University, 2018-2019
- Bentley University Outstanding Scholarly Contribution Award, 2019
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
Dr. Cleary is a data scientist with expertise in visual data analytics. She has 8+ years of experience in life sciences performing epidemiology, statistics and genomics research to provide data-driven recommendations that inform health policy. She specializes in organizing, managing and analyzing health care data sets using rigorous analysis and integration of a broad base of statistical and visualization tools.
Prior to joining Exponent, Dr. Cleary was a Research Associate and Lead Data Analyst at the Center for Integration of Science and Industry, where her research examined the public sector contribution to the science underlying new drug discovery and the public value created from this science. She also held an Adjunct Professor position at Bentley University, where she taught Data Visualization for Business Intelligence at the graduate level.
Dr. Cleary received her Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology from the University of Massachusetts Lowell in 2016. Her dissertation focused on statistical modeling of environmental risk factors influencing Alzheimer's disease progression. She was project lead on designing an interactive map of ultrafine particle pollution in the Chinatown region of Boston, MA. She also holds an M.S. degree in Bioinformatics from Boston University.