- M.Sc., Engineering Management, Pennsylvania State University, 2020
- B.A.Sc., Materials Science and Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 2015
- Traffic Accident Reconstruction, Northwestern University Traffic Institute, 2022
- HVE Forum, Engineering Dynamics Corporation, 2022
- Heat Treat Today 40 Under 40, class of 2020 award recipient
- Society of Automotive Engineers – SAE
- ASM International – Heat Treat Society
Mr. Fignar's background includes extensive expertise in the areas of powertrain component design, geared drivetrain systems, and analysis of failure mechanisms of various types of drivetrain components.
Mr. Fignar is knowledgeable in the Mechanical, Metallurgical, and Manufacturing disciplines of automotive engineering. He is experienced in vehicle crash analysis include conducting vehicle and site inspections and utilizing documentation techniques such as 3D laser scanning and drones to capture pertinent crash-related information. As part of his experience in accident reconstruction, he has utilized simulation, photogrammetry, and 3D modeling software to analyze vehicle collisions of various types. Overall, Mr. Fignar's background includes experience with vehicle systems and component testing, and he has familiarity with product recall procedures.
Prior to joining Exponent, Mr. Fignar was employed as a senior metallurgical heat treatment process engineer in the powertrain component group for an automaker. While in this role, he conducted gas carburizing heat treatment processes and oversaw six sigma level quality assurance tests for gear geometries used in transmissions, differentials, and transfer units for a variety of passenger vehicles. As part of his work in this area, Mr. Fignar was an award recipient of Heat Treat Today's 40 Under 40 industry professionals in 2020.