- M.H.A., Health Administration, Columbia University, 2023
- Ph.D., Science, RWTH Aachen University, Germany, 2012
- M.S., Molecular Medical Biotechnology, University of Ghent, Belgium, 2007
- Principal Investigator: Columbia Lab-to-Market Accelerator Network. 2022
- • Selected in a highly competitive life sciences startup incubator to commercialize a breast cancer companion diagnostic biomarker developed by me and my team for the CDK4/5 inhibitor treatment paradigm
- • Elucidated the commercial potential of a prognostic biomarker including intellectual property due diligence, competitor analysis, market sizing, key stakeholders’ validation, value proposition, clinical trial process, and regulatory strategy
- 1 of the 15 candidates selected from applicant across the globe for NASA Summer School. 2015
- • Simulated the harmful effects of radiation exposure on astronauts’ long term health during space exploration missions using data analysis of previous space missions
- • Evaluated tools and procedures for operational implementation to improve real-time radiation risk analysis for astronauts’ during spaceflight missions
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
Dr. Kunal Chaudhary is dedicated to finding innovative solutions that enhance healthcare delivery and has a focus on cell and gene therapy (CGT), health policy and management, digital health technologies (DHT), Medical Extended Reality (MXR), and the use of AI/ML in pre- and post-disease treatment phases. With his technical expertise and interpersonal skills, Kunal is a capable leader who supports Life Sciences and Healthcare organizations with their innovation strategy.
Previously, Kunal received his doctorate in Molecular Biology from RWTH Aachen University and a Master's in Molecular Medicine from the University of Ghent. He co-founded a startup that uses AI/ML to streamline drug development while working as a research scientist at Columbia University and served as the principal investigator on a commercialized breast cancer biomarker project.
At Exponent, Kunal assists biotech and pharmaceutical clients with product strategy, launch readiness, market access and pricing, health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), and policy analysis. He is identifying opportunities to integrate DHT such as health apps, wearables, MXR, and telehealth. By leveraging wearables to gather comprehensive physical and behavioral user metrics, healthcare providers can identify those at risk of disease, improve treatment adherence, and enhance the overall patient experience. Digital data can also be used to measure patient-centered endpoints in clinical trials and observational studies, promoting a true digital transformation in healthcare and improving value-based care. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org