- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Calgary, 2010
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran, 2000
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Iran, 1996
- Professional Engineer, Alberta, #112257
- Distribution system planning
- Principles of Substation Design and Construction, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Leadership training, AESO
- Project management: An overview, Mount Royal University
- C.A.R.S Method For Potentially High Conflict Situation, BIFF Response Method. A Project of the High Conflict Institute
- Advance Dynamic Simulation Using PSSE, Siemens
- Power Flow and Steady-State Analysis PSSE, Siemens
- Change Management, Prosci
- AURORA, Electric Market Model, Modeling and Forecasting software, EPIS
- Teaching assistant University of Calgary, 2006-2010
- Teaching assistant AmirKabir University 2002-2005
- Lecturer, University of Hormozgan Iran 2002
- Senior Member of IEEE
Dr. Mazadi has more than 20 years of combined academic and industry experience in power system analysis. The analyses include power flow, transient stability, voltage stability and short circuit studies for all types of load and generation interconnection, including renewables, cogeneration and oil and gas/industrial loads.
He has performed and managed generation and load interconnection studies as well as the selection of connection alternatives in the Province of Alberta in Canada. Dr. Mazadi has worked with diverse market participants wishing to connect to Alberta's grid in Canada. This includes developing technical reports and analysis to identify the best location, connection alternative and size to connect generation or load to the grid for congestion-free operation.
Dr. Mazadi has an extensive background in transmission planning with respect to compliance with NERC and WECC Transmission Planning and Reliability standards. As part of his previous experience, he has worked closely with distribution and transmission system owners regarding the justification for the need for transmission system upgrades. He has experience in probabilistic power flow for the purpose of congestion assessment and transmission upgrades in the power grid for Independent System Operators (ISO).
Dr. Mazadi has provided the technical solutions for complex regulatory problems related to interconnection into Alberta's power grid. He has appeared in several regulatory hearings (Utility Commission) as the technical expert in power system analysis and selection of preferred connection alternatives to the grid.