- M.S., Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University, 2020
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Syracuse University, 2019
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate in Mechanical Design
- “Bosch© CDR Tool Technician Training by IPTM”, Institute of Police Technology and Management, March 2022
- Society of Automotive Engineers (member)
Mr. Johnson's professional and educational expertise includes vehicle dynamics, vehicle suspension kinematics, solid mechanics, computational fluid dynamics, finite element analysis, and CAD. He is experienced in performance automotive design and manufacture, specifically in the suspension, chassis, driver controls, and drivetrain systems.
Additionally, Mr. Johnson's expertise allows for complex data analysis and visual presentation using Python and MATLAB. Mr. Johnson is skilled at 3D modeling and is certified by Dassault Systems as a SolidWorks professional.
Prior to joining Exponent, Mr. Johnson received his master's degree from Syracuse University. While in graduate school he worked as an Engineering Draftsman at Auto Gear Equipment and supported the design of aftermarket manual transmissions for racing applications. His automotive experience is strengthened by his involvement with Citrus Racing — Syracuse University's Formula SAE team, where Mr. Johnson was a top contributor for three generations of formula race cars.