- Ph.D., Engineering Sciences, University of Southampton, UK, 2015
- M.Sc., Advanced Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College London, UK, 2009
- B.Eng., Biomedical Engineering, Imperial College London, UK, 2008
- PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate in Project Management
- PRINCE2® Practitioner Certificate in Project Management
- Member of IEEE and
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
- IEEE Ocean Engineering Society
- IEEE Robotic and Automation Society
- IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society
- Mandarin Chinese
Dr. Man is an engineer with a multidisciplinary background in mechanical, biomedical and marine engineering. This allows him to approach problems using a multitude of techniques from different engineering disciplines.
Dr. Man has expertise in fluid mechanics modelling and experimental study, designing submersible systems, bio-inspired systems, simulation models, and condition monitoring. He is well-versed with using MATLAB® for modelling linear, nonlinear and transient systems, data processing and data analysis, LabView® for real time control and data acquisitions, and a range of 3D CAD programs including Solidworks® and Fusion 360®. In mechanical and marine engineering, he is familiar with using recirculating water channel and wind tunnel for fluid mechanics studies. He has experience in designing AUV systems, bio-inspired actuators, force measurement systems and condition monitoring systems. In biomedical engineering, he has also carried out experimental and modelling study of physiological response to visual and electrical stimulus. Dr. Man is also a certified PRINCE2® practitioner in project management.
Prior to joining Exponent, Dr. Man worked in a technical venture company in Hong Kong as a R&D Project Manager with responsibility including research project planning and management, technology assessment, technical sales support, project engineering support and model development.