Process or Product Improvement
Improving a process requires an understanding of the process. This understanding must be both broad and deep. Exponent has the expertise to provide deep process understanding from a broad range of viewpoints:
- Scientific and engineering expertise in the underlying process physics
- Statistical analysis of process behavior
- Quality assurance techniques
- Project and team management.
We have demonstrated the ability to use this knowledge to implement process improvements in many industries including aerospace, automotive, consumer products, energy, and biomedical. In addition to deep theoretical knowledge, Exponent brings practical industrial experience to bear on process improvement projects. We have expertise in the most effective tools and methods for process improvement used in industry today. These include:
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Engineering Process Control
- Measurement System Analysis (Gage R&R)
- Design of Experiments
- Six Sigma Techniques
- Lean Manufacturing
- Value Stream Mapping
- Just-In-Time Delivery.
Many of these tools and techniques can be used to improve products as well as the processes used to produce them. Exponent can assist in efforts such as:
- Design Improvement
- Requirement Definition, Including Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Reliability Improvement and Analysis.