Given the ever-increasing role of automation in our everyday life, it is not surprising that computers and microcontrollers are at the heart of nearly all technologies today. Such control systems for machines, appliances, and devices are often called “embedded systems” since a microcontroller is embedded into the product it controls. Exponent professionals have extensive expertise in the inner workings of these systems. We have executed a number of projects related to design, development, and analysis of embedded systems in diverse application areas, ranging from automotive systems and industrial machinery to household appliances and medical devices.
- System failure analysis and testing
- Sensor and electronics analysis
- Source code (software) review
- Component testing and analysis
- Third-party review
- Specification review
- Incident investigation
Exponent’s professionals regularly address the myriad of hardware and software challenges that accompany embedded system design and implementation. Exponent professionals are familiar with many aspects of embedded systems from source code generation and review, system design and analysis, debugging, failure analysis, software standards, software quality, development lifecycles, real-time coding techniques, testing, and much more.
- Algorithm and software development
- Design and implementation of control systems
- Verification and validation
- Risk assessment for safety-critical systems
- Intellectual property and technology analysis for licensing and due diligence
- Source code and software analysis for intellectual property support
- Copyright, infringement, and trade secret misappropriation analysis