COVID-19 Support Services: Global Supply Chain Optimization
Exponent’s trusted advisors are actively providing supply chain support to manufacturers and suppliers who have experienced unexpected facility closures, reductions in staff levels, and other supply chain disruptions in Asia and worldwide.
Exponent’s multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists has been a reliable partner to product manufacturers in mainland China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, India, and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) for years. Our technical and regulatory experts based in the U.S., the UK, Europe, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Singapore have supported R&D, mass production, failure analysis, and risk assessment across industries and resolved international supply chain and supply management issues worldwide.
On-the-ground manufacturing and supplier audits in Asia
Exponent’s consultants in Hong Kong and Shanghai, most of whom are U.S.- and European-educated Ph.D.’s., have the experience, industrial knowledge, and technical breadth to be the on-the-ground support needed in the face of recent travel restrictions. Our advisory work includes, but is not limited to:
- Active management of contract manufacturers in Asia
- Local support for manufacturing and supplier audits
- New supplier qualification
Product quality assurance evaluation and testing
Exponent’s global teams can support product quality assurance evaluation and testing around the world. Our advisory work includes, but is not limited to:
- Inventory management
- Quality control
- Reliability test design
- Unbiased appraisal of challenges associated with transitions to and from design validation testing
Manufacturing ramp up following a line installation, outage, or transfer
Exponent’s multi-disciplinary, global support team is well equipped to help clients resolve issues related to manufacturing ramp up following a line down or line transfer. Our advisory work includes, but is not limited to:
- Risk mitigation during periods of materials substitution and process modification
- Planning, monitoring, and rapid failure analysis throughout a manufacturing ramp up
- Assessment of raw materials and goods-in-process contamination
- Product characterization and failure modes and effects analysis
- SOP development and risk mitigation for users of manufacturing lines and equipment
Risk management associated with supply chain diversification in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries
Exponent’s multi-disciplinary, global support team can help clients quantify opportunities and mitigate regulatory, manufacturing, and safety-related risks associated with supply chain diversification in ASEAN countries.
For more information on our services, please contact 888.656.EXPO (within the U.S.), 650.326.9400 (outside the U.S.), or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information is also available here.