- Ph.D., Chemistry, Emory University, 1981
- Grant-in Aid of Research - Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
- Outstanding Young Alumni, Georgia College and State University
- Engineering Excellence Award, E. I. DuPont DeNemours and Co., Inc.
- Marketing Excellence Award, E. I. DuPont DeNemours and Co., Inc.
- Society of Plastics Engineers (member)
- American Chemical Society (member)
Dr. Lee's expertise is in chemistry and polymer science where he has over 35 years of product development experience in textiles, plastics and specialty chemicals. This spans a wide array of products and industries including synthetic turf, carpet, non-wovens, apparel, protective fabrics, industrial fibers and fabrics, pigments and additives, fiber and fabric finishes, polymer compounding, advanced composites, elastomeric composites, and adhesives.
Dr. Lee is also well acquainted with various manufacturing operations in textiles, films and plastics. He assists clients with product design, prototype development, scale-up, commercialization, intellectual property development and failure analysis.
Dr. Lee has extensive experience in polymer synthesis, fiber formation, polymer and fiber characterization and various fabric formation technologies. He has developed products and diagnosed product failures in fibers, woven and knitted fabrics, nonwovens, carpet, synthetic turf, composites, film, adhesives and plastics.
Dr. Lee has served on various trade association, academic and advisory boards and as an adjunct professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Prior to joining Exponent Dr. Lee worked with large, medium and small sized firms in both technical and management positions. In his various roles Dr. Lee has developed a keen ability to apply science in the development of new products and in the diagnosis of product failures.