How does Exponent's multidisciplinary approach provide breakthrough insights when it comes to electrical and computer systems?
Whether developing electrical devices or protecting your intellectual property, managing power performance or assessing electrical systems damage, Exponent electrical engineers and computer scientists provide leading technical consulting across electronics and computer systems, frequently collaborating across 90+ scientific and engineering disciplines to deliver valuable, multidisciplinary insights for clients.
We perform investigations in a wide array of areas, including optics, power systems, semiconductors, consumer products, vehicles, medical devices, radio waves, software, networks, controls, and batteries.
Our capabilities include accident investigations, reliability testing, fire investigations, failure analysis, manufacturer auditing, risk analysis, computer forensics, cybersecurity, software design and source-code analysis, embedded systems, system design reviews, intellectual property analysis, and prototyping.
Exponent's highly qualified team has substantial experience in a variety of electrical engineering and computer science applications, such as:
- Performing complex device and system failure analyses relating to components, subsystems, and integrated systems
- Analyzing detailed electrical and electronic system designs for identification of risks and associated hazards
- Assisting clients with computational modeling, field measurements, and data analysis and visualization
- Modeling, measuring, and analyzing electric and magnetic fields (radiation) at varying frequency ranges for comparison to guidelines for exposure or interference and for analysis of device emission and susceptibility
- Developing technical prototype systems that enable our investigative techniques
- Assisting clients in developing biometric technology through user studies
- Investigating electric shock and electrocution incidents
- Analyzing hardware and software design and source code to evaluate intellectual property
- Evaluating patent validity and infringement, copyright infringement, and trade secret misappropriation
Exponent's clients rely on our advanced investigations and independent findings grounded in scientific and engineering principles to address complex electrical and computer systems challenges.