- M.Phil., Electronical and Computer Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Tech, 2018
- B.B.A., General Business Management, Hong Kong University of Science and Tech, 2015
- B.Eng., Electronic Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Tech, 2015
- ISO 13485 Lead Auditor Trained
- ISO 13485:2016 ASQ Certified Internal Auditor
- Hong Kong & Kowloon Electrical Appliances Merchants Association Scholarship, 2013-2014
- Cantonese Chinese
- Mandarin Chinese
Mr. Tam is an experienced electronic engineer in the areas of consumer electronics and medical devices. He has helped clients by performing root cause analysis of electronic failures, performing safety design reviews of consumer products, and formulating test strategies for compliance to various electrical safety standards.
Mr. Tam also has experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of battery-powered devices, medical devices and power adapters.
Mr. Tam's professional experience spanned across different stages of product introduction in different industries. Prior to joining Exponent, he was the chief hardware designer of an active medical eye implant device for treating retinal degeneration diseases. He led the design of the hardware system including the RF energy harvester, the active filter for data recovery, and the power system. Apart from his industry experiences, Mr Tam has also designed a multipurpose biomedical electrical stimulator during his graduate research. This technology was later adopted by various research institutes around the world for the investigation of regeneration of neural stem cells and retinal cells using electrical stimulation.