- M.S., Industrial Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1971
- B.S., Meteorology and Oceanography, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1969
Licenses & Certifications
- Board Certification in the Comprehensive Practice of Industrial Hygiene by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- Fellow Award, American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), 2013
- President, Yuma Pacific Southwest Section, AIHA, 2014
- American Industrial Hygiene Association—AIHA
- AIHA Aerosol Technology Committee
- Academy of Industrial Hygiene
- Michigan Industrial Hygiene Society local section of AIHA
- Yuma Pacific Southwest local section of AIHA
Mr. Malzahn has more than 40 years of experience in environmental engineering, industrial hygiene and building materials exposure assessment. He has managed and conducted hundreds of exposure studies for wide variety of industries including oil and natural gas, manufacturing, food processing, asphalt, iron and steel and construction.
In addition, Mr. Malzahn's expertise includes indoor air quality and mold investigations in residential and commercial buildings. He has extensive management and technical expertise related to EPA and OSHA compliance matters. He has also designed and conducted exposure simulation studies for reconstruction of past occupational asbestos, silica and trace benzene exposures.