- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology, 2021
- M.S., Subsea Engineering, University of Strathclyde, 2015
- B.S., Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, University of Lagos, 2012
- Professional Engineer Mechanical, California, #41912
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
Dr. Fashanu has an interdisciplinary background in mechanical, subsea, and materials engineering with a focus on the mechanics of materials. His mechanics of materials background includes extensive knowledge on quasi-static, medium, and high strain material behavior and failure, impact, and fracture analysis.
Dr. Fashanu specializes in mechanical behavior and characterization of metals and composites. He also has extensive experience in finite element analysis. At Exponent, he employs his expertise in assisting clients with different complex mechanical design problems some of which include material characterization, product testing, stress, and failure analysis: Dr. Fashanu also helps clients understand and find solutions to additive manufacturing problems.
Prior to joining Exponent, Dr. Fashanu completed his Ph.D. at the Missouri S&T on additively manufactured (3D printed) cellular structures. During his studies, he performed research in collaboration with Honeywell Federal Manufacturing and Spirit AeroSystems to understand the mechanical performance of additively manufactured metallic solids and cellular structures. Additionally, he worked on the mechanical characterization of microwave cured carbon fiber reinforced polymers and the numerical and performance optimization of coaxial horizontal axis hydrokinetic turbine systems. He has experience in experimental design and data analysis using MATLAB.