- M.B.A., Business Administration, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2021
- M.Sc., Civil Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2021
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2019
- Honor Societie
- Life-time Member, Beta Gamma Sigma, The International Business Honor Society
- Goldie Scholar, The Goldie Initiative: Goldie B. Wolfe Miller Women Leaders in Real Estate, 2019-2021
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- AACE International San Francisco Section
Ms. Chen has experience working on construction and utility projects as a program manager and project control analyst. As a program manager, she has experience managing and executing large capital portfolios consisting of over 1100 electric distribution cable projects for a large utility client. She specializes in financial reporting, risk mitigation, client communications, and budget controls. In the project control analyst role, her expertise includes estimate review, forecasting and business case development.
Prior to Exponent, Ms. Chen had diverse international work experience at a general contractor, a design and construction firm, and a commercial real estate firm.
Ms. Chen received her dual MBA and Master's in Civil Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a specialization in Construction Management. She received her Bachelor's Degree from Harbin Institute of Technology where she specialized in Structural Engineering.