- Ph.D., Aeronautics, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), 1996
- M.S.E., Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, 1988
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Princeton University, 1987
- Professional Engineer, Alabama, #28084
- Professional Engineer Mechanical, California, #30275
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant License
- FAA Inspection Authorization
- FAA Private Pilot Certificate
- Fire Investigation 1A (Cause and Origin), California Office of State Fire Marshal
- PADI Certified Open Water Scuba Diver
- University of Southern California Aviation Safety and Security Certificate including: Aircraft Accident Investigation
- Tau Beta Pi, National Engineering Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa, National Scholastic Honor Society
- Von Karman Fellowship, California Institute of Technology
- General Motors Fellowship, Princeton University
- Joseph Clifton Elgin Prize, Princeton University, 1987
- George Bienkowski Memorial Prize, Princeton University, 1987
- "Best Project" MAE 411 Microprocessor Systems Engineering, 1987
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (member)
- National Fire Protection Association (member, sits on the NFPA 410 Committee, Aircraft Maintenance)
- Professional Aviation Maintenance Association
Dr. Moore specializes in mechanical and aeronautical engineering. He analyzes loads, forces, and temperatures induced by fluid flows; performs design and failure analysis on mechanical, combustion, and control systems; and conducts engineering investigations of fires and explosions.
Dr. Moore has expertise in modeling and analysis of vibration and dynamic systems. He has particular expertise in fluid mechanics (including steam and two phase flows), hydraulic and pneumatic systems, aerodynamic analysis, internal combustion engines, and aviation accident investigation.
Prior to joining Exponent, Dr. Moore was Lead Mechanic for El Toro Marine Corps Flying Club, an Aerodynamicist and Systems Engineer for the E-Z Hook/Kawasaki Land-Speed Motorcycle, and a technician in the GALCIT 10-foot wind tunnel. In addition to his work at Exponent, Dr. Moore has been Director of Maintenance for Lenair Aviation, Inc., and he continues to work in the aviation maintenance field.