- Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas, San Antonio, 2019
- M.S., Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas, San Antonio, 2016
- B.S., Biomedical Engineering, Penn State University, 2009
- FAA Remote Pilot Certificate
- Carlos Alvarez Endowment Fellowship, 2017
- Biomedical Engineering SocietyBiomedical Engineering Society
- Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS)
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Dr. Pearson provides technical expertise in the area of biomechanics, with a particular interest in tissue and joint mechanics and applications for injury mechanism assessment. His educational and research backgrounds combine bioengineering with a focus on engineering mechanics and biomedical engineering.
Dr. Pearson's research has involved understanding how musculoskeletal tissue injuries occur and developing material systems that mimic tissue structure and function to improve healing and mechanical stability. His knowledge of the relationship between injury and biomechanics applies directly towards investigating biomechanical accidents and related injuries. At Exponent, he has investigated injuries related to motor vehicle accidents and slips and falls.
Prior to joining Exponent, Dr. Pearson completed postdoctoral research at the Georgia Institute of Technology focusing on delivering therapeutics to reduce injury after rotator cuff tears in the shoulder joint. During his doctoral studies in biomedical engineering at the University of Texas at San Antonio and UT Health, he examined mechanically-stable material systems designed to replace torn knee joint tissue and designed an in vitro mechanical stimulation regimen with cells to improve the potential success of the systems. He also evaluated the biomechanical properties of bone tissue and related materials, vocal fold injections, muscle contraction, and tendon reconstruction surgical techniques.
In addition to his academic research, Dr. Pearson has prior experience investigating automobile accidents as an adjuster. He was formerly an officer in the Air Force, which provides him with an enhanced understanding of situations involving military personnel.