- M.P.H., Public Health, Oregon Health and Science University, 2014
- B.S., Biology, Western Washington University, 2010
- CITI Good Clinical Practice (GCP) for Clinical Investigations of Devices Certified
- Protecting Human Research Participants Certified
- American Public Health Association—APHA
- Oregon Public Health Association—OPHA
- American College of Epidemiology - ACE: Associate Member
Ms. Leonhard has experience in project and operations management of community-based health studies, clinical research, and human subject technology user studies.
Ms. Leonhard specializes in wearable technology studies, including serving as study principal investigator. She is Good Clinical Practice (GCP) trained and certified with knowledge of the relevant U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), including experience with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliant electronic Trial Master File (eTMF) systems, Electronic Data Collection (EDC) systems, and HIPAA compliant TeleHealth Systems. She has over a decade of experience with study planning and protocol development including traditional study site oversight and leading hybrid and fully decentralized trials.
Ms. Leonhard is an epidemiologist with over 10 years of experience and is competent in epidemiological study design, data analysis, surveillance systems, data management, and quality control of datasets of various sizes using programs such as SAS and STATA. Ms. Leonhard has experience in mortality and occupational injury data preparation and analysis, manuscript and report preparation, proposal development and execution, and literature review.
Prior to joining Exponent, Ms. Leonhard worked in conjunction with the Oregon State Health Authority on injury, trauma, and communicable disease epidemiology, research design, data registry use and management, and syndromic surveillance system use.