- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), 2022
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), 2019
- B.Tech., Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, 2014
- MathWorks Engineering Fellowships, 2021
- Group Technology Award DRDO (India), 2016
- American Physical Society (APS)
- International Society For Terrain-Vehicle Systems (ISTVS)
Dr. Agarwal has expertise in solid mechanics, continuum mechanics, structural dynamics, design, and product development. He specializes in using a variety of computational tools, such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Discrete Element Modeling (DEM) for modeling and analyzing various materials such as metals and multi-phase granular materials. He has also used the design of experiments, manufacturing, and a variety of computational and experimental techniques to study complex natural and man-made systems.
Additionally, Dr. Agarwal holds a keen interest in the inclusion of science and technology in the development of larger-scale policymaking.
Dr. Agarwal performed his doctorate research at the department of mechanical engineering at MIT. His doctorate research focused on developing macro-scale methods for real-time modeling of granular intrusions applications such as vehicular and animal locomotion using advanced continuum modeling approaches.
Prior to his doctoral work, Dr. Agarwal worked as a scientist in the Defence Research and Development Organisation (India). In this position, he led the mechanical design and development of a variety of all-weather, low-cost, long-range surveillance systems that are continuously being used by the Indian Armed forces.