- M.P.H., Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, 2023
- B.S., Biology and Psychology, Washington State University, 2019
- Graduate Student Instructor, Environmental Science, Policy, and Management, UC Berkeley, 2022-2023
- Graduate Student Instructor, Global Poverty and Practice, UC Berkeley, 2022
- Master’s Student Representative to the Educational Policy and Curriculum Committee, Public Health, UC Berkeley, 2021-2022
- 2023, Caucus for Women in Statistics
Ms. Annika Ramona is a dedicated health scientist with a comprehensive skill set and a passion for delivering impactful solutions. Ms. Ramona earned a Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) degree in Environmental Health Sciences from University of California (UC), Berkeley in 2023. Her expertise includes biostatistics, epidemiology, data visualization, and exposure and risk assessment. As part of her thesis work at UC Berkeley, she analyzed data from the San Francisco Department of Public Health to evaluate the relationship between exposure to heat and fine particulates (PM2.5) on hospitalizations for select illnesses in San Francisco. Annika earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Psychology at Washington State University in 2019.
Ms. Ramona's work experience includes working as a Data Science Intern at the San Francisco Department of Public Health, where she pioneered an innovative heat surveillance tool, which later formed the basis of her M.P.H. thesis work. Ms. Ramona previously also worked in development and fundraising for a not-for-profit organization, as an instructor at UC Berkeley, and for a startup, where she contributed to improving the hydrophobicity of novel, backyard compostable, seaweed-based poly mailers. She also worked on a biogas digester project for improving rural access to renewable energy for a not-for-profit organization. After earning her Bachelor of Science degree, she taught middle school English in rural Nepal with the Peace Corps. Ms. Ramona is a member of the Caucus for Women in Statistics and is committed to continuous growth and excellence in her field.