- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, 2023
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Bilkent University, Turkey, 2015
- Simpack Fundamentals and Railroad Applications, Ankara, Turkey, April, 2016
- Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Ankara, Turkey, January, 2016
- Siemens NX - Fundamental CAD, Assembly, Drafting and Advanced CAD, Ankara, Turkey, 2015
- Introduction to Ansys Workbench, Ankara, Turkey, June, 2015
- Young Professional Award at the Inter-Noise Conference 2021
- American Gear Manufacturer Association Scholarship, 2018 & 2019
Dr. Sarikaya's areas of expertise include dynamics, vibration, acoustics and control of vehicle systems and rotating machinery. He has project experience in the analytical, computational and experimental analysis of conventional and electric vehicles with automotive companies as a part of his educational and professional background. His competencies in Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), signal processing, vehicle dynamics and diagnostics strengthen his consulting capabilities.
Prior to joining Exponent, he was a research assistant at the University of Massachusetts Lowell's Structural Dynamics and Acoustics System Lab. During his studies, he worked on projects related to noise and vibration mitigation in transmissions for conventional and electric vehicles. He built dynamic models and conducted analytical, computational and experimental analyses to explore the impact of imperfections on the performance of various noise and vibration absorption mechanisms. His Ph.D. dissertation at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is titled, "The Impact of Manufacturing Imperfections on the Dynamic Response Characteristics of Centrifugal Pendulum Vibration Absorber (CPVA)". Dr. Sarikaya's dissertation work proposed new tuning strategies and diagnostic tools in the presence of imperfections for CPVAs using analytical and computational techniques.
Before his Ph.D. studies, he worked as a mechanical design engineer for two years at ASELSAN Inc, Ankara, Turkey. In that capacity, he was involved in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including design, documentation, prototyping, testing and quality control for electric bus and hybrid truck projects.