- M.B.A., Business Administration, Nova University, 1985
- B.S., Metallurgical Engineering, University of Missouri, Rolla, 1977
- Professional Engineer, Missouri, #2017027414
- American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC) Advisor Certification-Marine Systems
- American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC) Marine Accident Investigation
- American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC) Master Technician Certification
- American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC) Metal Corrosion in Boats
- American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC) Technical Certification-Diesel Engines
- American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC) Technical Certification-Marine Corrosion
- American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC) Technical Certification-Marine Electrical
- American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- Certified English XL Tribometrist (CXLT)
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI)
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI)
- American Society for Materials (member and past chapter chairperson)
- American Welding Society (member and past chapter chairperson)
- The American Boat and Yacht Council (member)
- American Society for Testing & Materials (member)
Mr. Wills addresses issues related to failure and nonperformance analysis of engineered materials including metals, ceramics, polymers, and composites. He has metallurgical and materials engineering experience, which includes corrosion analysis, especially marine corrosion analysis, and the corrosion analysis of piping systems.
Mr. Wills performs fracture analysis of materials using photography, microscopy, metallography, and scanning electron microscopy techniques. Other areas of expertise include fabrication and machining methods, tube and heat exchanger fabrication, and prototype development. Mr. Wills has experience with welding and cutting methods and performs weld inspections.
He analyzes surface coating applications and properties. He conducts fire investigations. He also has particular experience with aluminum process metallurgy; aluminum ingot casting technology and machinery, and aluminum extrusion machinery, tooling, dies, and materials. In the area of accident investigation, Mr. Wills addresses industrial and marine equipment failures, slip and fall issues, boating, and marine accidents. Mr. Wills is trained in underwater inspection and photography. He has provided consultation to the boating, yachting and cruise ship industry for many years.