- Ph.D., Food Science and Technology, Cornell University, 2020
- B.S., Chemistry, American University, 2015
- ACS AGFD Withycombe-Charalambous Graduate Student Competition, 2nd place, 2019
- Women in Flavor and Fragrance Commerce: Flavor Scholarship Award, 2019
- Society of Flavor Chemists: W. Jaggard Scholarship Award, 2018
- President’s Council of Cornell Women Leadership Grant, 2017-2019
- International Women’s Day: Cornell University Leadership Award, 2017
- National Association of Flavors and Food-Ingredient Systems Scholarship, 2016
- Institute of Food Technologists (IFT)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
Dr. Madeleine Bee is an analytical chemist specializing in chemical regulation at both the state and federal level for compliance under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). She prepares registration packages, coordinates product testing, writes waivers, evaluates labels and formulations, maintains state registrations, and manages establishment reporting for antimicrobial pesticide products and devices.
Dr. Bee has detailed knowledge of the current and fast-changing landscape of VOCs and PFAS regulations in the household and consumer products industry. Prior to joining Exponent, Dr. Bee worked as a gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) product specialist, where she gained extensive experience with this technique and its applications for flavor and fragrance and environmental research. Her dissertation research employed both GC-MS and ambient ionization mass spectrometry to quantify trace-levels of odorants in wine grapes for quality assessments during maturation and harvest seasons.