- M.B.A., Business Administration/Management, Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU), 1977
- M.S., Nutrition, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 1967
- B.S., Summa Cum Laude, Nutrition, North Carolina A&T State University, 1965
- Elected Fellow of the Institute of Food Technologists, 1998
- NC A&T State University Presidential Citation, 1991
- Women in Flavor and Fragrance Commerce Annual Award, 1990
- New York IFT Distinguished Service Award, 1988
- Undergraduate Research Participant/National Science Foundation
- Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Iota Sigma Pi
- Sigma Delta Epsilon
- Omicron Nu
- Alpha Kappa Mu
- Beta Kappa Chi
- Society of Sigma Xi
- Institute of Food Technologists
- Elected to the IFT Executive Committee; Chair of Awards Committee; Chair of Nominations and Elections Committee; Chair of the New York Section; Elected to the Executive Committees of the Nutrition Division and the Food Laws and Regulations Division
- Women in Flavor and Fragrance Commerce
Ms. Brooks-Ray has an extensive background in international regulatory issues, which includes analyzing the impact of international regulations on food companies' businesses. She has vast experience in Codex Alimentarius issues and has participated in Codex meetings for over 25 years. Her expertise includes working with clients on international food regulations, especially on food additives, petitions and other submissions, and monitoring of specific issues, among other services.
She works with a network of consultants globally to assure she has the appropriate expertise to achieve the goals of the clients.
Prior to joining Exponent, she was Director of Regulatory Affairs and Nutritional Sciences for CPC International (now Unilever). She worked with corporate management worldwide on scientific, food law/regulatory, nutrition, and Codex Alimentarius issues.