- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State University, 1995
- Professional Engineer Mechanical, Arizona, #51098
- Professional Engineer Mechanical, Texas, #124374
- Society of Automotive Engineers (member)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (member)
- Southwestern Association of Technical Accident Investigators, Inc. (SATAI) (member)
Mr. Frank's expertise is in accident reconstruction, rollover analysis, computer simulation, photogrammetry, and 3D laser scanning. He has experience in these areas with a variety of vehicles that includes motorcycles, passenger cars and trucks, heavy trucks, and off-highway recreational vehicles.
Mr. Frank is also an experienced motorcycle operator with specialized expertise in motorcycle accident reconstruction and handling dynamics.
He is proficient in utilizing computer applications to conduct accident reconstructions and present results using 3-D visualization techniques. He has extensive experience conducting single-moving and two-moving full-scale crash tests as well as vehicle handling tests. He has tested heavy trucks, passenger cars, motorcycles, and bicycles.
Mr. Frank has experience with designing custom fixtures for specific test configurations, test instrumentation, and the analysis of data collected during various test types.
Prior to joining Exponent, Mr. Frank had 10 years of experience in litigation animation working as a Project Engineer for Demonstratives, Inc./Engineering Animation, Inc. in Ames, Iowa. His responsibilities included performing accident reconstruction using photos, drawings, maps, USGS Data, and various other types of data and working on cases of patent infringement.