- M.B.A., Business Administration, Loyola College in Maryland, 2011
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Delaware, 2006
- Professional Engineer Civil, Massachusetts, #52921
- Professional Engineer, Maryland, #40813
- Professional Engineer, Maine, #PE16587
- Professional Engineer Civil, New Hampshire, #15196
- Professional Engineer, New York, #103199
- Professional Engineer, Virginia, #0402065670
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
- OSHA #510 Occupational Safety And Health Standards For The Construction Industry
- Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) - Boston Chapter (Past Chapter President)
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) - New England Chapter
- Project Management Institute (PMI) - New Hampshire Chapter
- Northeast Energy and Commerce Association (NECA) – Renewable Energy Committee
Mr. Steigerwalt has over fifteen years of experience in all phases of construction projects, specializing in heavy highway, utility, and mass transit projects. His past experiences include construction management, contracting, project controls, CPM scheduling, program/project management, and engineering design.
Mr. Steigerwalt has advised and aided clients on topics ranging from risk management, best practices in construction management, project scheduling, cost estimating, and claims avoidance. His experience with construction disputes includes the development, analysis, and defense of construction claims related to schedule delays, construction techniques, productivity loss, earned value analysis, engineering design requirements, and cost overruns for domestic and international projects.
Prior to joining Exponent, Mr. Steigerwalt worked as a construction manager/owner's representative on a combination of heavy highway and mass transit projects. During that time, he gained experience with construction management best practices, claims avoidance, and quality assurance. He has also worked as a contract/business manager for a large electric infrastructure contractor under the ACS Group in which he gained extensive experience in contract/subcontract management, construction insurance policies, and teaming agreements. Prior to that, he worked as a professional design engineer for one of the world's largest design firms specializing in roadway design, traffic control plans, drainage and stormwater facilities, and site development upgrades.