- Ph.D., Geosciences, University of Oviedo, Spain, 2020
- M.Sc., Construction Management, University of Westminster, UK, 2019
- M.Sc., Engineering Geology, Imperial College London, UK, 2011
- B.Sc., Geology, University of Oviedo, Spain, 1997
- Member of the Executive Committee of the British Geotechnical Association
- Member of the Committee of the Ground Engineering Group of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, UK
- Winner of Crossrail Project Technical Paper Competition, 2013
- British Geotechnical Association, (BGA)
- Geological Society of London, (GSL)
- Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, (IOM3)
- Asociación Española de Túneles y Obras Subterráneas, (AETOS)
- Sociedad Española de Mecánica de Suelos e Ingeniería Geológica (SEMSIG)
- Colegio Oficial de Geólogos de España, (ICOG)
Dr. Linde-Arias has over twenty years of international experience in geotechnical engineering and engineering geology working for consultants and contractors on the management, planning, procurement, design and construction of large scale and complex infrastructure projects and underground structures. He has also has experience in construction commercial management and in delay analysis.
Dr. Linde-Arias has an extensive background in the supervision and construction of underground structures, including rail, road and hydro tunnels excavated by traditional (drill and blast) or mechanized (TBM) techniques. He has been responsible for the geotechnical supervision of some of the most important projects in recent years in the United Kingdom and Spain. Dr. Linde has also acted as resident engineer, being responsible for the quality control and safe and correct implementation of the design for sprayed concrete lined tunnels.
Dr. Linde-Arias is also particularly experienced in groundwater management for underground excavations, including active and passive methods. He has assessed surface settlement in an urban environment due to dewatering and underground excavations. Dr. Linde has also evaluated, designed and monitored earthworks (slopes and embankments) in soils and rocks.
Dr. Linde-Arias has provided testimony and expert opinion in the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and the International Chamber of Commerce, (ICC).
As a delay consultant, Dr Linde-Arias' experience spans a broad range of industries including commercial property development, petrochemical, power generation, oil and gas, and transportation, where he has been involved in the preparation of expert reports on delay and disruption analysis for formal dispute proceedings.
Dr. Linde-Arias international experience encompass projects in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North and South America.