- Ph.D., Physics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2005
- M.Phil., Condensed Matter Physics, Peking University, China, 2002
- B.S., Theoretical Physics, Northwest University, P. R. China, 1999
- Selected Honors and Certificates
- 2019 CQI/IRCA Certified ISO9001:2015 Lead Auditor
- 2014 OHSAS 18001:2007 – Internal Auditor
- 2014 Certified TRIZ Level 1 Specialist
- 2010 ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratory Management System Internal Auditor
- 2003 Certificate of Appreciation as Excellent Teaching Assistant in 2002-2003, Physics Dept. CUHK
- 1994 – 1999 Multiple undergraduate awards in Mathematics and Computer Science and outstanding student, P.R. China
- Member of the Surface Analysis Committee of Guangdong Test and Analysis Association
- Cantonese Chinese
Dr. Xi has led complex technical investigations, under both legal and industrial settings, in the fields of microelectronics, printed circuit boards, consumer electronics, battery, photovoltaic cells, nanomaterials, paints and coatings, polymers, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biological materials, and construction materials. Using her materials science and materials characterization skills, Dr. Xi routinely assists clients with product development, technical due diligence, material selection, formulation optimization, manufacturing method selection and process optimization, modeling/design/prototype reviews. In regulated industries, Dr. Xi also provides technical guidance to clients in the areas of standardized and customized testing, quality control method development; field audits and supplier evaluation; risk assessment and risk management; regulatory filing support including FDA/CFDA/NMPA/EU registration as well as technical support on litigation and international arbitration matters.
During her time as consultant at Exponent, Dr. Xi has helped numerous clients — ranging from small startups to Fortune 500 companies — solve material performance issues related to fracture, delamination, contamination, discoloration, corrosion, degradation, reliability, biocompatibility, welding, optical failure, electronic failure and mechanical failure.
Dr. Xi is well-versed in various analytical techniques and has extensive experience applying ISO9001:2015 quality management systems, OHSAS 18001:2007 occupational health and safety management system and ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratory Management system for her client base, which spans Hong Kong, mainland China, Asia and United States.