- Ph.D., Experimental Psychology, New York University, 2008
- M.A., Psychology, New York University, 2006
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Department of Cognitive and Linguistic Sciences, Brown University, 2008-2010
- American Psychological Association New Investigator Award in Experimental Psychology, 2011
- Google Research Award, 2011
- New York University Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship, 2007
- American Psychological Association Dissertation Research Award, 2006
- American Psychological Foundation, and Council of Graduate Departments of Psychology Graduate Scholarship, 2006
- American Psychological Association
- Cognitive Neuroscience Society
- Flux Society
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- Psychonomic Society
- Society for Neuroscience
Dr. Öztekin's expertise centers around the behavioral and brain mechanisms of human information processing, with particular focus on human memory, attention, and executive function. At Exponent, Dr. Öztekin uses her expertise in human cognition and neuroscience to support investigations related to human factors pertinent in accidents and injuries, driver behavior, human information processing and decision making, evaluation of warnings and safety information, as well as the design and analysis of surveys and behavioral/user studies.
Dr. Öztekin has studied individual differences in capacity and efficiency of information processing in healthy adults, in addition to the behavioral and brain mechanisms that undergo changes during typical and atypical development, and in aging. She has more than 15 years of experience directing research projects involving human subjects, utilizing a variety of experimental methods, including cognitive, behavioral and brain imaging studies. Her research has employed a breadth of statistical approaches that entail quantitative data analysis techniques and predictive modeling using machine learning. Dr. Öztekin's research and published work spans multiple disciplines in the Cognitive Sciences, including Experimental Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Computational Psychology/Neuroscience, as well as Cognitive and Translational Neuroscience.
Dr. Öztekin received her PhD from the Cognition & Perception program of New York University's Department of Psychology and completed her postdoctoral training at the Department of Cognitive and Linguistic Sciences at Brown University. Prior to joining Exponent, Dr. Öztekin served her scientific community through teaching, mentoring, and conducting research on human cognition and neuroscience for over ten years through academic appointments she held as core faculty at the Department of Psychology at Koç University, and as research faculty at the Center for Children and Families at Florida International University.