How does Exponent help clients leverage the eco-credit markets to create ecologically viable expansion projects?
Stakeholders face multiple factors when deciding to expand operations or develop new land. Recent regulations require operators to consider the environmental impact of new expansion projects.
To the extent a project's impact on biodiversity and ecosystem services is unavoidable, Exponent's multidisciplinary natural resource assessment and management teams can support clients in developing equitable offsets. We're experienced in helping clients create strategic plans designed to provide the greatest value in credit markets, including carbon, wetland, habitat, species, and regional water quality trading banks or auctions.
Exponent's multidisciplinary teams of natural resource capital consultants combine expertise in ecology, toxicology, chemistry, restoration, remote sensing, and natural resource economics to bring you breakthrough ecological and environmental insights.
For 50+ years, we’ve thrived on solving unstructured problems that require bespoke solutions. Some of our services include:
• Maximizing the value of transactions such as property dispositions by ensuring full valuation of eco-assets
• Assessing land holdings for existing and potential ecological services
• Evaluating ecological implications of business operations, expansion, and land development
• Conducting ecological assessments to evaluate risks to potential ecological services credit development
• Developing cost-effective offsets or restoration and mitigation projects that maximize returns in the form of credits
• Identifying credit markets and banks where credits can be traded
• Providing technical review and support during the development of credits or negotiations with credit-granting entities
Our Capabilities Are Unparalleled
With expertise in over 90 disciplines and hundreds of capabilities, tools, and methodologies — we get to the root of even the most complex challenges and give you the objective answers you need.
Extensive support for compliance with local, state, and federal permitting requirements.
Environmental Risk Assessment
Risk assessments for legacy spills and contamination, potential project and product impacts, and environmental remediation support.
Meet changing sustainability regulations with rigorous science and experienced consulting services.
Modeling & Analysis
Experienced environmental analysis and data modeling for a range of complex environmental challenges.
Natural Resource Damage Assessment
Multidisciplinary natural resource damage assessments (NRDAs) to support navigating complex interactions with federal, state, and tribal trustees.