Our London Lab engineers and scientists investigate issues facing a broad range of sectors — from medical devices to consumer products to oil and gas. Moreover, they are well-versed in UK and EU regulatory compliance.
State-of-the-Art Services, Expertise, and Equipment
Exponent's London experts are experienced in multiple diagnostic, inspection, quantification, measurement, and metrology techniques.
Right Team, Right Questions
Exponent is uniquely positioned to assemble teams that cross technical disciplines and borders to tackle your toughest challenges. We examine your challenge from multiple angles to get to the breakthrough answers you need to move forward, whether it's a failure investigation or product design.
If you're determining the cause of a battery-related failure in an electric vehicle or investigating a corrosion-related failure in a medical device, you require a range of expertise in areas including electrical, materials, chemical, mechanical, and thermal engineering. Exponent brings that expertise together in one place to deliver evidence-based insights.
London Lab Services
- Battery failure analysis and investigation
- Battery manufacturing support
- Battery system design review and testing
- Industrial failures, fires, and explosions
- Computerized tomography (CT) analysis and assessment
- Corrosion science and technology
- Nonoparticle characterization for registration, evaluation, authorization, and restriction of chemical substances (REACH) compliance
- Electrochemical and corrosion testing
- Oil and natural gas pipeline safety
- Paints and coatings
- Consumer electronic device performance and failure analysis
- Electronic components
- Polymer failures
- Supporting clients with medical device development and production
- Regulatory compliance, including regulatory remediation and European Union medical device regulation (EU MDR) compliance work
- Failure analysis and subsequent implementation of corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs)
- Research, development, and innovation
- Market claims analysis/validation for consumer products
- Product innovation and development
- Concept development and testing
- Requirements specification and generation
- Fracture mechanics and fractographic analysis
- Catalysts and catalytic processes
- Metallurgy and materials evaluation