Whether investigating a structural failure from an industrial plant explosion, assessing the root cause of a wastewater pump failure, or examining a design failure that led to an industrial accident, organizations facing potential litigation need to work with a multidisciplinary team of top failure analysts who can leverage cutting-edge equipment and facilities.
The Latest Equipment and Techniques
Tap into our ability to test for and investigate all varieties of failures, on virtually all materials, to find the root cause using the latest technology and the most advanced techniques. Our Seattle Lab boasts cutting-edge equipment, including:
- Scanning electron microscope (SEM) with energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) capability
- Keyence electronic microscope
- Fourier-transform infrared spectrometer (FTIR)
- Differential scanning calorimeter (DSC)
- Advanced pressure, flow, and temperature testing and data acquisition equipment
- A fully outfitted metallographic lab with:
- Cutters, polishers, grinders, and sample preparation equipment
- Micro and Rockwell hardness testers.
But it's not just the equipment that differentiates us: our highly trained staff of engineers and technicians is experienced in all forms of analysis involving metals, polymers, and ceramics, including site inspection and documentation, failure mode determination, corrosion analysis, loading and dimensional analysis, pressure and stress analysis, finite element analysis, fractography, and fracture mechanics.