- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2004
- B.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, California Polytechnic State University, SLO, 1999
- Professional Engineer, Alaska, #119537
- Professional Engineer, North Carolina, #47537
- Professional Engineer, Ohio, #PE.79528
- Professional Engineer Civil, Oklahoma, #29309
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California (member)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (member)
Mr. Griffith specializes in the areas of non-linear structural analysis, performance-based design and assessment of structures, earthquake engineering, and soil-structure interaction. Mr. Griffith has performed analyses of structures under extreme loading conditions including those imposed by seismic, wind, flood and snow loads.
Mr. Griffith has assessed damage to structures due to earthquake, wind, fire, ground settlement and material degradation such as wood decay and steel corrosion. He has experience in the design and analysis of wood, steel, and concrete structures as well as in geotechnical investigations for offshore foundation design.
Prior to joining Exponent, Mr. Griffith worked as a geotechnical engineer in The Netherlands and as a design engineer in the San Francisco Bay Area where he was involved in a variety of civil and structural engineering projects. At the University of California, Berkeley, Mr. Griffith served as a Graduate Student Instructor for a course in civil engineering materials.