How can Exponent's rigorous biomechanical testing and analysis support next-level military product design?
With decades of experience, Exponent draws on our rigorous expertise across numerous state-of-the-art engineering analysis modalities to help you understand and quantify the biomechanical implications of a military product's design under extreme circumstances. We provide military product evaluation, testing, and development support for helmets, body armor, wearables, and more, as well as offer robust ballistics testing and analysis.
Our collaborative approach provides a differentiated one-stop shop for military technology developers. Our experts in human factors, health sciences, information technology, data sciences, and other disciplines collaborate with our biomechanical engineers, applying broad knowledge and experience to complex challenges for next-gen military applications.
For 50+ years, we’ve thrived on solving unstructured problems that require bespoke solutions. Some of our services include:
• Loading analysis on the human body
• Evaluating product fit
• Biomechanics of body armor and behind armor ballistic trauma (BABT) analysis
• Helmet performance analysis
• Physiological ground truth comparisons
• User-specific characterization (anthropometry, tissue properties)
• Large-scale participant studies
• Human body modeling (physical modeling, simulation, cadaver testing)
• Human injury potential evaluation
• Data acquisition, contextualization through data-driven insights
• Scalable research and analysis (processing and analysis tools)
• Validation in a box/real-world validation (remote validations)
• Methodologies for collecting data (tools)
• Computational simulations
Our Capabilities Are Unparalleled
With expertise in over 90 disciplines and hundreds of capabilities, tools, and methodologies — we get to the root of even the most complex challenges and give you the objective answers you need.
Biomechanical Expertise for Product Evaluations
Biomechanical risk evaluation for products ranging from consumer and recreational products to industrial equipment and vehicles.
Biomechanical Engineering Support for Product Design & Development
Biomechanics product design analysis for a range of applications — from apparel to consumer products to wearable sensors to vehicles.
Biomechanical Injury Investigations & Analysis
Skilled biomechanical analysis to help determine the cause of specific injuries and communicate results in a relevant and clear context.
Biomechanical Testing & Modeling
Uncover the root cause of injuries with robust and advanced biomechanical analysis.
Our global and comprehensive expertise across industries gives us a deep understanding of current challenges, best industry practices, and the implications of emerging technologies.