How can you improve safety and maximize efficiencies when working with chemical-related processes?
Industrial manufacturing facilities commonly combine hazardous materials, innovative technologies, and interconnected equipment. Exponent conducts rigorous analyses and monitors all aspects of production, transportation, storage, and operations within industries that use chemical and biochemical applications. We identify vulnerabilities and optimize performance throughout the entire process lifecycle, and when accidents happen or issues arise, we provide support and tactical solutions to help you confidently move forward armed with proven research and insights.
Our scientific researchers and engineering teams possess a wide variety of real-life experience and industry-specific knowledge and are mobility-equipped to conduct supply chain evaluations, technology assessments, market and intellectual property analyses, assist with equipment selection and modification, and recommend process optimization strategies.
For 50+ years, we’ve thrived on solving unstructured problems that require bespoke solutions. Some of our services include:
• Design review and feasibility studies
• Local, state, and national governmental regulation support
• Technology and techno-economic assessments, technology development
• Product performance assessment and development support
• Process optimization services, including process performance evaluation, data analysis, economics evaluation, process dynamics and control system analysis, and more
• Risk assessment, safety and probabilistic risk analysis, site security and vulnerability analysis, fault detection and diagnosis, process safety management systems analysis
• Process hazard analysis, failure mode and effects analysis, fault tree analysis, hazard and operability studies, layer of protection analysis
• Accident and incident investigation, failure analysis, root cause analysis
• Litigation and insurance claim support, intellectual property, and patent support
• Chemical reaction engineering and kinetics evaluation; catalyst evaluation; material, polymer, and complex fluid assessments; defect and contamination assessments
Our Capabilities Are Unparalleled
With expertise in over 90 disciplines are hundreds of capabilities, tools, and methodologies - we get to the root of even the most complex challenges and give you the objective answers you need.
Extensive production and safety assessments for facilities combining hazardous and reactive materials, novel technologies, and interconnected equipment.
Thermal Sciences Expertise for Energy Systems
Energy systems design, safety, and compliance consulting across a range of industries, including oil and gas, renewable and utility power generation.
Thermal Sciences Expertise for Utilities
Overcome any utility operations challenge — from safety to asset management, and more.
Fire Protection Engineering
Extensive fire suppression, detection, and alarm system testing to support achieving code and regulatory requirements.
Fire & Flammability Testing
Thorough fire and flammability testing for sprinklers, smoke, and heat detectors, vehicle fire testing, and more.
Computational Modeling; Thermal Sciences
A less expensive and faster alternative to thermal or flow experiments.
Consumer Product Safety Assessments: Thermal Sciences
Helping clients understand and adopt fire and chemical safety standards for consumer protection.
Engineering consultation for commercial aviation, aerospace technologies, and drones.
Fire & Explosion Investigations
In-depth field examinations and high-tech modeling and testing to determine the origin and cause of fires, gas explosions, dust explosions, and other explosions...
Thermal Fluid & Combustion Systems
Support for HVAC, boilers, commercial refrigeration systems, and more.
Thermal Sciences Expertise for Disputes
Evidence-based scientific insights and expert witness support for industrial fires and explosions, oil and chemical spills, and equipment failures.