Risk analysis and mitigation for difficult materials, metallurgy, and corrosion challenges.
When it comes to analyzing materials for functionality in different environments, Exponent's depth and breadth of expertise in materials-related issues are unparalleled.
Our Materials & Corrosion Engineering professionals combine their expertise in materials science, metallurgy, and corrosion engineering with the expertise of our mechanical, civil, structural, electrical, and chemical engineers, as well as statisticians, chemists, and polymer scientists to deliver a variety of services spanning industries and applications.
Examples of our work include:
- Scientific and engineering analysis of pipeline and process piping systems, including integrity management, failure analysis, and risk assessment
- Inspection and analysis of welding and welded joints
- Investigating corrosion issues
- Testing and analysis of consumer electronics, medical implants, pharmaceutical devices, and smart technologies
- Evaluating the performance, reliability, and safety of energy storage and battery technologies
- Evaluating best practices for paints and coatings and catalytic processes and designs
Capabilities & Services
Exponent's materials, metallurgy, and corrosion capabilities are tailored to your industry's unique challenges, providing critical support for every stage of your product or process lifecycle.