Renewable energy business goals and sustainability standards.
Exponent's renewable energy consultants can assist utilities, renewable energy developers, transmission developers, and investors from the project feasibility stage thorough commercial operations, providing support in:
- Power generation, transmission, distribution, and storage regulations, systems, and operations
- Design, construction, maintenance, operation, and performance of solar energy systems such as photovoltaic devices and concentrated solar plants (CSP) as well as wind energy systems, battery energy storage systems (BESS), and thermal energy storage systems (TES)
- Organizational assessment, change management, and business startups
- Mechanical, structural, metallurgical, chemical, electrical, and economics challenges
- Risk, reliability, and vulnerability analyses
- Complex problem-solving needs, including high-profile projects
- Energy economics
- Regulatory support
- Environmental assessments and monitoring
- Climate change evaluations
Both new entrants and existing market participants must meet the requirements of state and national renewable energy policies, including carbon reduction, energy efficiency, and NERC reliability standards. Our veteran teams have a range of hands-on technical and managerial experience, enabling you to meet the challenges you might face along your renewable energy journey.
For 50+ years, we’ve thrived on solving unstructured problems that require bespoke solutions. Some of our services include:
• Situational assessment, including impacts of existing business, opportunities and risk assessments, and recommendations
• Detailed implementation work planning and budgeting
• Plan execution, including system analysis, technology and process assessments, identification of performance metrics, staff training, regulatory support, and project management
• Failure analysis of devices, modules, and systems
• Efficiency assessments related to device fabrication, low-cost packaging, throughput evaluation, and system topology
• Regulatory consulting and exposure analysis during installation and use, as well as recycling/disposal at the end-of-life
• Engineering management consulting
• Electrical systems consulting: line-siting studies, failure analysis, fire and explosion investigation, and more
• Environmental and ecological sciences consulting: environmental forensics; sustainability, human health, and ecological risk assessments; product liability evaluations; environmental regulatory and permitting support
• Mechanics and materials consulting: failure prevention analysis, mitigation methods development, and post-failure investigations
Our Capabilities Are Unparalleled
With expertise in over 90 disciplines and hundreds of capabilities, tools, and methodologies — we get to the root of even the most complex challenges and give you the objective answers you need.
Sustainability & Climate Change
Scientific and engineering insights to improve and quantify sustainability practices and secure vital resources and assets.
Water Sciences & Management
Sophisticated water consulting services, helping clients adapt to climate change and sustainability challenges.
Environmental & Regulatory Compliance
Rigorous analyses to help clients overcome complex environmental and regulatory hurdles and meet auditing obligations.
Environmental Assessment & Remediation
Conduct timely, accurate site assessment to identify risks and remediation options.
Industrial Contamination Management
Expert environmental services for a range of complex industrial contamination challenges.
Our global and comprehensive expertise across industries gives us a deep understanding of current challenges, best industry practices, and the implications of emerging technologies.
Group Vice President and Principal Engineer
Practice Director and Principal Scientist
Senior Managing Engineer